July 19, 2009

Let the countdown begin 'til Eagles Training Camp



While the city is still engulfed in baseball season, many fans are gearing up for Eagles Training Camp up at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pa.


This grueling camp can either make or break players. All rookies will report a week from today, while veterans on Wednesday, July 29. The camp lasts until August 12 when the Birds (Eagles) head back home to the Linc (Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia) for their first preseason game against Tom Brady (A.K.A Mr. Gisele Bundchen) and the New England Patriots.


I will be honest; I left last season being very disappointed with the Birds. Although they made a valiant playoff push, nearly reaching the Super Bowl, they released one of the most beloved players (and my personal favorite), Brian Dawkins to the Denver Broncos. The move completely took the wind out of my sails as an Eagles fan and led me to hang my Dawkins jersey in my front window for a good month. True story. But, we [I] have to move on.


Back to Training Camp. The great thing about it is that anyone can go up and watch their favorite players in a more relaxed setting, not to mention for much less mullah. The cheapest Eagles ticket (at face value) is now $95. Ridiculous. The price for Training Camp is $0…big difference!


Training Camp is great to take kids and nice alternative for a “stay-cation” to the shore.

On a side: note-rumor-has-it that former Eagle Hollis Thomas has been released from the New Orleans Saints and has already visited Eagles management to talk about coming back to play for the Birds. The reappearance of the 335-pound defensive tackle may prove to be a nice addition to an already defensive line. Thomas has 226 career tackles and 20 career sacks.

Click here to view a schedule of the 2009 Training Camp.

2 comments:

Patricia Allen said...

I agree about Brian Dawkins; he was my favorite, too! I like your voice for this blog -- punchy and fun but you clearly know what you are talking about.

Amy Lewis said...

Ah yes! The best part of the year is on the horizon! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES! Thanks for brightening my day with talk of the Birds!!